Saturday, December 29, 2012

Law of attraction and Christmas

I have believed that when you really want something, you have to see it coming true to have it really come true. Recently I had nothing to do one day, and decided to watch a movie that talks about the Law of attraction. What reassured me was the amount of people believing in this other than me, so that made me push  those wishlist things harder just as an experiment. It might sound odd, but I love dolls. I don´t have children yet, so having dolls give me a bit of ease until I do have children of my own. So this year, I was totally in love with the Lalaloopsy Ivory Ice Crystals. When I finally saw her in stores, she was $50.00 dollars. WHAT! Yes, I almost passed out. And I did hear other mothers walking there saying how crazy expensive dolls are now at days. It is true, and I honestly think that it is a bit of an abuse, considering that most of the toys are made in China, and the manufacture prices might be not that high. After all, it is the same doll, different colors, and different outfit. Plus I did see some defects on that doll, which makes it even scarier. At least for me as a collector. I have been observing these and other dolls out there that are going off shelves like crazy and scary that they are expensive, plus have defects. To the toy manufacturers, you need to improve your quality control ASAP!

Anyways, talking about what I got. I really wanted this Holiday Lalaloopsy right? Well, I didn´t get her, but I found this one. I think she is the one Holiday Lalaloopsy from last year.


Her name is Holly Sleighbells, and even my husband loved her. It was only $10.00 dollars in a garage sale. I didn´t get to find her pet friend, but that´s ok. I believe that one day  he´ll come to us and they will reunite. Thank you to the people that recycle your toys. Sometimes they end up in houses like mine, where dolls and toys become special treasures. My goal is having a Doll/Toy museum one day, and all of these marvelous dolls will be part of it to give joy not only to me, but to many other people. So maybe, just maybe next year, I can find the Ivory Ice-crystals looking for a new house from a previously loving owner, who wants to give her to a good home and I will be there to receive her with open arms and a warm heart. Has there been anything that you really, really wanted and you found somehow after? Do you like Lalaloopsy dolls? Which is your favorite one? I just think they are so adorable.

Happy holidays everyone, I hope you get something special that you really really wanted!

XOXO

( You can follow me on twitter @agelessdolls )

No comments:

Post a Comment